Wendy Bell WTAE Fired For This Facebook Post
Wendy Bell WTAE Fired For This Facebook Post
The Accurate Source To Find Transcript To Wendy Bell WTAE For This Facebook Post.”
[Wendy Bell WTAE For This Facebook Post]
Wendy Bell WTAE
Yesterday at 8:29am
Next to “If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times,” I remember my mom most often saying to my sister and me when we were young and constantly fighting, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” I’ve really had nothing nice to say these past 11 days and so this page has been quiet. There’s no nice words to write when a coward holding an AK-47 hoses down a family and their friends sharing laughs and a mild evening on a back porch in Wilkinsburg. There’s no kind words when six people are murdered. When their children have to hide for cover and then emerge from the frightened shadows to find their mother’s face blown off or their father’s twisted body leaking blood into the dirt from all the bullet holes. There’s just been nothing nice to say. And I’ve been dragging around this feeling like a cold I can’t shake that rattles in my chest each time I breathe and makes my temples throb. I don’t want to hurt anymore. I’m tired of hurting.
You needn’t be a criminal profiler to draw a mental sketch of the killers who broke so many hearts two weeks ago Wednesday. I will tell you they live within 5 miles of Franklin Avenue and Ardmore Boulevard and have been hiding out since in a home likely much closer to that backyard patio than anyone thinks. They are young black men, likely teens or in their early 20s. They have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers work multiple jobs. These boys have been in the system before. They’ve grown up there. They know the police. They’ve been arrested. They’ve made the circuit and nothing has scared them enough. Now they are lost. Once you kill a neighbor’s three children, two nieces and her unborn grandson, there’s no coming back. There’s nothing nice to say about that.
But there is HOPE. And Joe and I caught a glimpse of it Saturday night. A young, African American teen hustling like nobody’s business at a restaurant we took the boys to over at the Southside Works. This child stacked heavy glass glasses 10 high and carried three teetering towers of them in one hand with plates piled high in the other. He wiped off the tables. Tended to the chairs. Got down on his hands and knees to pick up the scraps that had fallen to the floor. And he did all this with a rhythm and a step that gushed positivity. He moved like a dancer with a satisfied smile on his face. And I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He’s going to Make it.
When Joe paid the bill, I asked to see the manager. He came over to our table apprehensively and I told him that that young man was the best thing his restaurant had going. The manager beamed and agreed that his young employee was special. As the boys and we put on our coats and started walking out — I saw the manager put his arm around that child’s shoulder and pat him on the back in congratulation. It will be some time before I forget the smile that beamed across that young worker’s face — or the look in his eyes as we caught each other’s gaze. I wonder how long it had been since someone told him he was special.
There’s someone in your life today — a stranger you’re going to come across — who could really use that. A hand up. A warm word. Encouragement. Direction. Kindness. A Chance. We can’t change what’s already happened, but we can be a part of what’s on the way. Speak up. Reach out. Dare to Care. Give part of You to someone else. That, my friends, can change someone’s course. And then — just maybe THEN — I’ll start feeling again like there’s something nice to say.
Wendy Bell WTAE Fired For This Facebook Post. But there is HOPE. Complete Full Transcript, Dialogue, Remarks, Saying, Quotes, Words And Text.
Trending Now AROUND THE WEB
- Girl Freaks Gets Double Doggoed
- Kita Akihiro Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations
- PETA WOOL VS HAIRCUT
- Kellie Leitch On Immigration Screening For Canadian Values
- Van Jones Condemns Safe Spaces On College Campuses
- Wal-Mart Customer Tells Employee To Fix Up Your Own Countries
- Pastor Greg Locke Planned Parenthood Sent Me A Personal Thank You
- George Zimmerman Comeback Interview
- Uber CEO Kalanick Argues With Driver Over Falling Fares
- President Donald Trump 2017 Addresses The Joint Session Of Congress
- Rosie O’Donnell Cuts Down Trump In Fiery Speech Outside White House
- Sgt John Perrine Says Use Your Turn Signal
- George W Bush Signing The Department of Defense Appropriations Act 2005
- Members Of The Westboro Baptist Church Can’t Recite The Ten Commandments
- Bernie Sanders Laugh Out Loud At Trump’s Daft Claim Nobody Knew Health Care Is Complicate
- Apple iPad Pro No More Printing
- Samsung Galaxy Casey Owen Neistat The Rest Of Us
- Ford Motor Company Brake Coach
- Mercedes-Benz Beauty Meets High-Tech
- Saint John NB Audi Man Hits Man In Coldbrook Crescent
- The Trump Beatles Hey Jude Fake News Song
- UPS Maximizing Industrial Business Growth