Shakira Joins Arizona Immigration Boycott
Well as we’ve been reporting Arizona’s controversial new immigration law – the toughest in the country does continue to make news. Here at home and around the world some consider a government sanction profiling others applaud the measure it is a polarizing issue and has many people speaking out among them Shakira, she’s a Grammy award winning singer she’s in Phoenix, fighting in against what she calls an injustice law. Shakira joins me now for the big three sixty interview. Thanks for joining us.
Thank you for having me.
So I’ve been reading about your visit a little bit you met with the Police Chief and the Mayor. You know one of the question I have not been able to get an answer to, is, exactly how this law is going to be implemented? Are you able to answer that question? What did you find out?
Uh, well the mayor is very very worried as well as the chief of police here, ah, Chief Harris, they’re both are very worried on the impact that implementation that this law will have on Latino families, the level of abuse, that will be inflicted on Latinos, with or without papers. Ah, you know if this law already in-effect today for example I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don’t have my driver’s license here – I mean – I am completely undocumented here today so – it is really so..
So, you didn’t bring your papers to Arizona?
I didn’t. No, serious!
That’s an ex-excellent an important point because that’s exactly what people are worried about.
I just met with uh, some families, and, and, women who have been subjected to domestic violence and they are so concerned and its so saddening because they, they feel that they are gonna, that the government is going to turn their backs on them. They are gonna live in fear, to call the police or to report a crime that has been inflicted to them, I – I really couldn’t hold the tears, when I was hearing -
- these women speak of how concerned they are, they are about their own safety, who are women themselves trying to protect their kids and their own families from abusers and now they are gonna have to, protect themselves from the government,
As part of your discussion today, Shakira, is there, is there other options, other solutions that you think should work? I mean – one thing that people seem to agree on is that maybe immigration laws are going to change in this country. And they are talking about it today quite a bit as you know and so in Arizona for some time, now. What do you think needs to be done?
Ya, there is a true concern about addressing the immigration law and the Congress must act, urgently, on this issue, to prevent that more States come up with these kind of law, that – that is completely representative of the principle of liberty – the freedom of equality that America stands for. Ah, I think that, some many people are going to be, are going to see themselves affected by this law, in some ways – in some ways we can not imagine. People who won’t be able to use hospitals, state hospitals or – or child care programs – or – or food programs – or domestic violence shelters – people who will live in fear in America – to me that is something I can not conceive – I am not an expert on Constitution but I know that the Constitution exists to protect the rights of every human being living in a country with or without papers,
Well, Shakira a lot of people are obviously paying attention to this issue tonight and over the next several days, I’m sure. And many of them because of you and thanks so much for joining us,
Thank you so much for the opportunity.
Alright next on 360
Shakira Joins Arizona Immigration Boycott. I just met with uh, some families, and, and, women who have been subjected to domestic violence and they are so concerned and its so saddening because they, they feel that they are gonna, that the government is going to turn their backs on them. They are gonna live in fear, to call the police or to report a crime that has been inflicted to them. Complete Full Script, Dialogue, Remarks, Saying, Quotes, Transcribed, Words And Text For Shakira Joins Arizona Immigration Boycott.
AROUND THE WEB
- Beyonce At Tewksbury Walmart
- Silly Dog For Pete’s Sake
- New Japanese Urinal Game
- Batman Becomes Belligerent – Oh Dark Night
- Affluenza Judge Jean Boyd Sentenced Black Teen To 10 Years In Prison For Lesser Crime
- MadisonParty – Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball – Christmas – Parody
- Yanti Cyrus – Wabah Boyband – Wrecking Ball – Parody
- Sherry Vine – Lady GaGa – Applause – Menopause – Parody
- Kevin Hart’s NBA Wish – Ride Along
- Key & Peele – Killzone Bachelor Party
- Pat Condell – Celebrating Diversity
- Thecomputernerd01 – Wrecking Ball – Miley Cyrus Parody
- Key & Peele – Dad’s Hollywood Secret
- Kia Optima Blake Griffin – Owner’s Manual – 2014
- The Glitch Mob Surprised Me With A Voice-Mail – This Is My Reaction
- What Happens If You Scream Out Of A Window In Sweden At Night
- Drunk Kids Arguing At Restaurant With A Cashier, Turns Into A Fight
- Abdullah_55955 – Pillow Fight
- Jeopardy Contestant Answers Question With Bane Impression
- Barack Obama – Weekly Address – Working Together On Behalf Of The American People
Tags: Arizona Enacts Stringent Law, Arizona Immigration Law Unconstitutional, Boycott, Complete, Congress, constitution, Deporting, Dialogue, Full, Identifying, Illegal, Illegal Alien, Illegal Alien Population, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigrants, Immigration, Immigration Boycott, Isabel Ripoll, Joins Arizona Immigration, Latin, Latinos, Law On Immigration, Lyrics, Mebarak Ripoll, On Immigration, Papers, Prosecuting, Quotes, Read, Remarks, Saying, Script, Shakira, Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, Shakira Joins Arizona, Shakira Joins Arizona Immigration Boycott, Shakira Ripoll, Spanish, Text, Transcribed, Translation, Video, Videos, Webcam, Without Papers, Words.