Barack Obama – What This Inauguration Means To Our President
The Accurate Source To Find Quotes To Barack Obama – What This Inauguration Means To Our President.”
[Barack Obama - What This Inauguration Means To Our President]
[Barack Hussein Obama II (born August 4, 1961)]
I started public service working in communities. Throughout my career, what has always given me energy, what’s given me hope, is just how good and decent and resilient and strong the American people are. The theme of this year’s inauguration is “Our People. Our Future.” I really believe that when our people are succeeding when they have the tools that they need to get a great education, get a good job, look after their kids, have some basic security, that there is nothing that can stop America.
Two figures that I admire probably more than anybody in American history is Dr. King and President Lincoln. For me to have the opportunity to be sworn in using the bibles of these two men that I admire so deeply on the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, 50th anniversary of the March on Washington is I think fitting because their actions – the movements they represented – are the only reason that it’s possible for me to be inaugurated. It is also a reminder for me that this country has gone through some very tough times before but we always come out on the other side. This task of constantly perfecting our union, making it more fair, making sure that everybody in this country has a fair shot, that if you work hard you can make it regardless of the circumstances of your birth or what you look like or where you come from, what god you pray to, I think that it’s probably the most important thing to keep in mind when your POTUS. So, me stating before the entire country that I will uphold my oath of office while at the same time letting them know that there is a connection between me being here and the sacrifices of those in the past, I think, is entirely fitting.
I remember the train ride that we took down from Philadelphia; crowds lined the entire route. It was an incredible reminder of the diversity of our country. The other thing that really sticks in my mind was a day of service. Because the inauguration comes close to Dr. King’s birthday, we had a tradition of serving on that weekend. We painted a homeless shelter, our daughters put together care packages for our troops overseas. I think it’s a
terrific reminder of who we are as Americans. The last memory I have that really moved me a lot was the Commander in Chief ball. Michelle and I danced our traditional first dance at that ball but then we each paired off with a couple of service members who were representing all of those folks who have made such enormous sacrifices on behalf of our freedom. The inauguration reminds us of the role that we have as fellow citizens in promoting a common good as well as making sure we’re carrying out our individual responsibilities. That is the reason that America has been successful in the past and that’s why we’ll be successful in the future.
Barack Obama – What This Inauguration Means To Our President. Making sure that everybody in this country has a fair shot, that if you work hard you can make it regardless of the circumstances of your birth or what you look like or where you come from, what god you pray to. Complete Full Script, Dialogue, Saying, Quotes, Words And Text.
AROUND THE WEB
- Akilah – Meet Your First Black Girlfriend
- Harvey Nichols Christmas 2013 – Sorry, I Spent It On Myself
- David Cameron – Nelson Mandela Tribute
- Eggo Waffle 1990
- Autoway Tire – Snowy Roads Are Scary
- Unilever Project Sunlight – Um Filme Da Unilever
- Abdiel Garcia – Your Breath Stinks – Voice-Over
- Adidas UK – From 1970 To 2014 – Match Balls
- Ryan Cooper – How To Make Your Girlfriend Hate You
- Ed Norton Verizon Droid 48 Hours TV
- Nelson Mandela Condemns George W. Bush And War With Iraq, January 30th, 2003
- Jaden Smith – Words Of Wisdom
- Raccoons Going Crazy For Doritos
- Students Get Out Of Hand During Friday’s Snowfall
- Adidas Originals – Stan Smith – Xander Gaines
- Mimi Foundation – Support And Well Being
- Australian Condom Ad Banned From TV
- Coolest Cops Ever Asks Driver To Rev His 500 Horsepower Mercedes G55 AMG
- Captain Picard – Make It So
- Drake – Signs Shoe Deal With Michael Jordan’s Nike Brand