Bella Cox – WeAreOne
The Accurate Source To Find Transcript To Bella Cox – WeAreOne.”
[Bella Cox – WeAreOne]
Hey guys, this is my new poem on African government, and Kenya’s government in particular. I’m from Kenya, I’ve lived here for 10 years and I consider it my home and this poem is entitled ‘WeAreOne’ as a tribute to the Westgate siege that happened a few months ago this year, where so many souls were lost and the twitter hashtag at the time was #WEAREONE. So, this is my poem.
When a crowd booes its own president
I think its safe to say the country is not content
and when the leaders making speeches
are the ones feeding off African economies like leeches
taking fistfuls of governmental money
like children not yet weened off candy
its no wonder some Americans see Africa as one big country
One big wreckage of corruption and poverty.
I write this poem on Kenya’s 50th birthday
Celebrations of independence fill my ears
With great cheers covering the nation
But how far is it fair to say
we have progressed?
I feel our government has digressed
From the issues they swore to address
And from the pain they promised to wrest
this land from.
So please allow me this moment to suggest
a couple of remedies to clear up this mess
that you, our ”leaders” have allowed to infest.
1) Provide the poor with clean water in every area and make it your duty to help prevent malaria. Feed your people the way you feed your family, As our president you are this country’s parent.
2) Treat ignorance as the hindrance that it is and make education the insurance that will be Kenya’s deliverance from our third world obscurity
3) Give Kenyan people welfare, in fact, make provisions for free healthcare
– Do not allow more citizens to die due to ”lack of funds” for medicines. Medical professionals are stressed, at best, and there is reason for their protest- they should not have to request that you invest in the peoples health.
4) Punish those from 2007 who chose violence instead of guidance who killed blindly instead of speaking wisely. Or at least expose them and what they owe their countrymen.
5) Strive to keep your people alive, make laws we are willing to abide by and do not allow tribes to divide us.
6) Allow our brave media houses, the freedom to print without facing financial losses
-Your people have the right to freedom of speech
Fifty years ago our aim as a people was to outgrow the constraints of British colonialism. We sought to fight poverty, ignorance and disease as our ”three greatest enemies” yet here you stand today, forced to admit with dismay, that we are not even halfway towards that goal, and that our focus has in fact been led astray.
We Are One.
The motto of our people screamed louder than the machine guns of the killers who thought they’d won when they murdered our sons.
We Are One.
Evidence that Kenyans are filled with benevolence and intelligence not arrogance like our Presidents.
We Are One.
The battle call we cried with pride as we stood side by side, the words that were heard worldwide proving blacks, whites, Indians and Asians are allied.
In this country of beauty.
Mr. President you have a duty.
You owe it to your people to prevent cruelty, surely by now at the age of 50 Kenya should be way beyond the confusion of puberty and approaching an era of acuity.
But we are still seen as a misguided country, a farce where honest leadership is sparse and greedy MPs ignore their own laws.
Africa is beautiful, fertile and bountiful.
And the rest of the world is realising this continents’ potential, so trust me when i say that exponential change in our governance is essential.
African leaders; Care for your people, remember that we are your equals, do not assume we do not see when you are deceitful and keep in mind that although we are now peaceful your actions could be lethal. ”
Thank you for listening.
Published with permission on Source: LYBIO.net
Bella Cox Contact Here:
Bella Cox – WeAreOne. I feel our government has digressed from the issues they swore to address. And from the pain they promised to wrest this land from. So please allow me this moment to suggest a couple of remedies to clear up this mess. Spoken Word Poem Transcript, Dialogue, Remarks, Saying, Quotes, Words And Text.